Shmoop, a digital curriculum and test prep company, announces its Summer 2011 Reading List. Students and teachers voted, haggled and campaigned online to get their favorite books to the top of the must-read list. The books in Shmoop’s list are geared toward middle school through college-aged readers.
1. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
2. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
3. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
4. Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
5. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
6. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
7. Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
8. Perfume, by Patrick Suskind
9. American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
Subscribe to Read More
Are You an Educator?
Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eSchool News Today email newsletter