Lincoln, Neb. (August 10, 2011): Now students can get high quality algebra support and practice wherever they are with four new myAlgebra iPad apps from Class.com. The apps utilize Class.com’s research-based content and cutting-edge design to create effective learning tools for secondary students on the go.
myAlgebra apps explore quadratic equations through an interactive interface that implements worked examples, video demonstrations, and practice problems with specific feedback—providing the dynamic exercises and instruction students need for algebraic success. The focus on key algebra topics and solid instructional design make myAlgebra an engaging, evidenced-based method for bolstering student learning inside or outside the classroom.
“Mobile learning is becoming a powerful force in student achievement, and we’re excited to apply our content creation expertise to new technologies,” said Class.com Interim President and Chief Executive Officer Dean Wildman.
MyAlgebra iPad apps combine written and multi-media content with a pool of thousands of randomized practice and quiz problems, giving students ample instruction and hands-on practice.
From the myAlgebra iPad virtual desktop, students can access all the learning tools they need with a tap of their fingers:
• background and instruction, details for how to solve problems, and examples of worked problems
• three- to four-minute videos that demonstrate practice problems
• practice exercises with detailed feedback, a quiz to test your knowledge, and a section for reviewing quiz results
• thousands of sample questions, giving you access to unlimited practice
• interactive scratch pad that creates a digital space for working out each problem
• a calculator that is conveniently available at any time
All Class.com myAlgebra iPhone and iPad apps are available through the iTunes store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/class.com-inc./id377253204.
Founded in 1998, Class.com is a leading provider of online secondary courseware and instruction. Class.com equips educators with tools that help every student succeed by providing high-quality online learning solutions that cater to the needs of 21st-century schools. Our catalog of research-based curriculum is designed to purposefully integrate cutting-edge technology and to help teachers differentiate instruction and expand capacity.