DALLAS (September 19, 2011) – Texas Instruments has announced its schedule of fall webinars for math and science educators. The free webinar series is presented by the Teachers Teaching with Technology™ (T³™) professional development organization sponsored by Texas Instruments.
The webinars are presented by experienced educators with math and science backgrounds. The series features live and on-demand sessions where educators can learn how to effectively use TI technology to build student understanding of math and science concepts. The webinars cover a variety of technology skills that can be used in subject areas such as Chemistry, Biology, Algebra 1, Calculus and Statistics.
“The free webinar series is designed to give educators a quick, convenient way to update their skills with TI technology,” said Gayle Mujica, director of Texas Instruments T³ professional development organization. “The webinars also show teachers how to take advantage of the many other free resources that TI offers.”
All webinars are about one hour long and are recorded for on-demand viewing later. A “Certificate of Attendance” is available to webinar participants.
For more information or to register, visit http://education.ti.com/calculators/pd/US/Online-Learning/Webinars.
• Sept. 20: TI-Nspire Basic Skills: Teacher Software and the PublishView (TM) Feature
• Sept. 27: Science Nspired: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics with TI-Nspire Technology
• Oct. 4: Math Nspired: What’s New: Middle Grades and Algebra 1
• Oct. 11: Common Core State Standards with TI-Nspire Technology
• Oct. 18: TI-84 Plus Basic Skills: Analyzing Patterns and Functions
• Oct. 25: Exploring Science and Math with NASA and TI-Nspire Technology
• Nov. 1: Math Nspired: Calculus
• Nov. 15: TI-Nspire Basic Skills: Formative Assessment with TI-Nspire Technology
• Nov. 29: Ten80 Student Racing Challenge: NASCAR STEM Initiative 101
• Dec. 6: TI-Nspire Basic Skills: Collecting and Analyzing Data with the Vernier DataQuest(TM) App
• Dec. 13: TI-Nspire Tech Skills: Functions, Programs, and Math Boxes
# # #
About Texas Instruments
Education Technology, a business of Texas Instruments, provides a wide range of tools connecting the classroom experience with real-world applications, helping students and teachers to explore math and science interactively. TI’s products and services are tested vigorously against recognized third-party research, which shows that the use of graphing calculators helps improve the mathematical skills of students and their attitudes toward mathematics. For more information, visit www.education.ti.com.
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, visit www.ti.com.