Win a New Document Camera from DYMO/Mimio
DYMO/Mimio has launched the “MimioConnect™ Winter Contest,” giving K-12 educators a chance to win a new MimioView document camera just by submitting their best winter-themed lessons on MimioConnect.com, a free online community for educators.
For any teacher who has ever relied on lessons posted on MimioConnect by other teachers, there’s no better time to share their own!
How to Enter
To enter, applicants can simply upload their creative, winter-themed lesson plans to MimioConnect at http://www.mimioconnect.com/2011_winter_lesson_contest, and tag files with the phrase “Winter2011”. Submissions will be accepted until midnight EST on December 23.
Lessons will be evaluated by the following criteria:
• Are the learning objectives student-focused, observable and measureable?
• Is the lesson sequenced from few to many and from easy to difficult?
• Does the lesson offer numerous opportunities for the student to practice the skills they need to master?
• Is the lesson page uncluttered and are all objects relevant to the student activity?
A panel of judges from DYMO/Mimio will select the first round of semi-finalists, which will be announced on January 16, 2012. MimioConnect members will then have the chance to vote for the winning finalists from January 16 – 30, 2012. One grand prize winner will be named from each of the following categories:
• Elementary school (Ages 5-11 / Grades K-5)
• Middle School (Ages 12-15 / Grades 6-9)
• High School (Ages 16-18 / Grades 10-12)
For official rules and to enter, simply visit the MimioConnect Winter Contest page at http://www.mimioconnect.com/2011_winter_lesson_contest for details.