Upgrade features Destiny Quest Mobile App, 50+ enhancements requested by customers
MCHENRY, Ill., Dec. 15, 2011 – Follett Software Company will release Destiny® 10.0 next week, featuring more than 50 new enhancements and features designed for the 21st century learner, including the eagerly anticipated Destiny Quest Mobile App providing users 24/7 mobile access to their school library.
The mobile app for Destiny Quest – a K-12 student-friendly searching interface included with Destiny Library Manager – will allow students, librarians and teachers to search, navigate and instantly access their school library catalog anytime, anywhere via smart phones and tablets. Users will now be able to remotely browse their school catalog, place items on hold, save books into their resource list and view a detailed summary of account information.
A “sneak peek” of this easy-to-use, intuitive app was debuted to widespread praise at the American Association of School Libraries (AASL) Conference in Minneapolis in late October. “My students are going to love this app,” said Tiffany Whitehead, teacher-librarian at Central Middle School in Baton Rouge, La.
Current Destiny 9.9 users will be able to upgrade to Destiny 10.0 beginning Monday (Dec. 19), conveniently timed so that schools can implement the upgrade over the holiday break. Follett Software’s web-based Destiny platform is the leading library and textbook automation product for the K-12 marketplace in North America. Destiny Library Manager is in use in 45,000 schools and nearly 5,000 districts across the country, while Destiny Textbook Manager is in use in more than 14,000 schools and 1,000 districts nationwide.
“Destiny 10.0 is certainly one of our company’s most exciting releases ever,” said Don Rokusek, Follett Software’s Destiny program director. “Most of the enhancements and features found in Destiny 10.0 are ones that our customers have been asking about, and they’re all included with the goal of supporting student and district success.”
Other Destiny 10.0 highlights include:
• Greater accessibility for students in Destiny Quest. Students can research, make citations on items such as eBooks, videos, or digital resources, view textbook checkouts and navigate around the library resources with ease.
• Improved management of social networking features. With improved administrative options, librarians can delete comments and add recommendations instantly.
• Fountas and Pinnell Reading Program Service. Follett’s Reading Program Service helps students become better readers by directing them to books that are in their optimal reading zone, encouraging learning and literacy while improving test scores.
• Support Resource Description & Access (RDA) cataloging. Functional improvements have been made for future support of RDA cataloging standards.
• Flexibility with loading class schedules. Class schedules can be added after the school year begins and new functionality allows users to better manage resources when students transfer or drop classes.
• Enhanced search results for a targeted learning experience. WebPath Express boasts improved search capabilities, new limiter options and better grade-level alignment. Results can now be filtered by topic, format, source, domain, reading level and language.
• No need for barcodes on consumable items. Destiny Textbook Manager will allow tracking and distribution of consumable items to patrons – the items are then automatically removed from the patron’s record after the specified due date.
• Track fines and renew asset checkouts. Destiny Asset Manager has been improved to track lost and damaged fines, and to support renewals of asset checkouts.
Existing Destiny customers with current technical support are entitled to the 10.0 upgrade at no additional cost.
For more information on Follett Software Company, visit www.FollettSoftware.com. To learn more about Destiny 10.0, visit www.FollettSoftware.com/Destiny10.
About Follett Software Company | www.FollettSoftware.com
Follett Software Company is the integrated educational technology solution provider that more than half of America’s school districts trust to support staff and engage students in today’s digitally rich learning environment. Follett’s digitally powered technologies help districts more efficiently and cost-effectively manage traditional and digital educational resources, provide digital learning environment tools focusing on student achievement and make confident decisions based on quality academic data. Powerful, integrated solutions enable Follett to support today’s collaborative learning community and empower 21st century learning and discovery. Follett Software Company is a subsidiary of Follett Corporation, a $2.7 billion, privately held company that provides products, services and solutions to the educational marketplace. Follett Corporation was founded in 1873 and has its headquarters in River Grove, Ill.
# # #
Doug Thompson | Thompson Drake Public Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.322.9345 (office) | 541.419.4471 (cell)