FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Epson America, Inc.
Epson Introduces Bright and Affordable Projector for Education
Sub-$700 PowerLite 93+ Delivers High Performance Features for K-12 Classrooms
ORLANDO, Fla. (FETC, Booth #2317) – Jan. 23, 2012 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the PowerLite 93+, a powerful yet budget-friendly projector designed for K-12 classrooms. Replacing the current PowerLite 93, the PowerLite 93+ boasts high performance features including 200 more lumens than its predecessor, a robust built-in speaker and advanced connectivity features, making it the ideal projector for schools looking to future-proof their classrooms with an affordable projection solution.
“Bright projectors are in high demand for classrooms with a lot of ambient light, and they help to improve learning environments for students,” said Heather Litus Johnston, product manager, K-12 Education Marketing, Epson America, Inc. “The PowerLite 93+ is not only incredibly bright, it comes equipped with a wide range of features at an affordable price, demonstrating Epson’s dedication to providing flexible and robust classroom solutions.”
The PowerLite 93+ offers 2,600 lumens of color and white light output2 and delivers crisp images with XGA resolution. The projector also comes equipped with a range of connectivity features, including RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote projector management, as well as use of a virtual remote control via a web browser for basic projector control from a computer instead of the projector’s remote control. The PowerLite 93+ also includes HDMI connectivity for connecting to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio.
More about the PowerLite 93+
The PowerLite 93+ provides classrooms with a variety of advanced features to accelerate learning, including:
– Increased Communication: A powerful, internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no additional cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
– Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard; timer can be set to power off projector if no signal is received, saving energy and lamp life
– Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree horizontal and automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in various classroom settings, allowing users to place the projector off-center and still get a standard formatted image; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a perfectly rectangular image
– USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
– Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours3 in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
– Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
– 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 93+ ($699*) will be available in March 2012 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution, and at the Epson store, www.epsonstore.com. The PowerLite 93+ comes with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Future customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://global.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q3 2011 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2011. Average of 1,038 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, Quick Corner, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.