BRETFORD ANNOUNCES NEW BRETFORDU WEBINAR SERIES ON MOBILE LEARNING
New Series Empowers Educators to Adapt Teaching Environments to Support Mobile Learning; Based on New iPaper; Begins in February with Mini Sessions at TCEA 2012
CHICAGO — January 27, 2012 — Bretford Manufacturing, Inc., manufacturer of dependable furniture products that improve how people work and learn, today announced its newest series of BRETFORDUniversity (BRETFORDU) webinars that focus specifically on mobile learning. Based on Bretford’s newest iPaper “Mobility & Learning in the Digital Age,” the six new webinars, which are free of charge, are set to begin next month. Bretford will also run mini sessions on mobile learning in its booth (#2365) during TCEA 2012, February 8-10 in Austin, Texas.
“Nearly 1,000 educators participated in our first BRETFORDU webinar series on social learning because they are dedicated to improving the space where teaching and learning occurs – they understand this responsibility,” explained Cindy Weinschreider, senior marketing manager, Bretford Manufacturing, Inc. “This new series will continue to inspire educators by helping them understand the impact that mobile technology has on learning, while providing fresh ideas on how to embrace mobility by creating agile learning environments.”
In cooperation with Bretford, Tim Springer, PhD, president and founder of Human Environmental Research Organization (HERO, Inc.) developed the iPaper and will lead each of the six new webinars on mobile learning. “This series explores the impact of changing technology on the physical environment in which learning occurs,” according to Springer. “Using research evidence, case studies and examples, the webinars describe how mobile technology is changing education and define the requirements for educational spaces that support mobile learning.”
Each live webinar begins at 2:00 p.m. EST and runs approximately 30 minutes, with an additional 15 minutes for questions and answers. Following the live sessions, each webinar will be available on demand in the BRETFORDU section of the Bretford website. The mobile learning webinar topics, descriptions and dates include:
• Mobility and Learning in the Digital Age (February 16). Discusses how learning is changing in response to mobility and digital media. Teaches how to recognize the contexts in which mobile learning is most effective and how to grasp the need to address mobile learning as knowledge-based and physical.
• Mobile Learners: Generation C (March 8). Addresses some of the myths and misunderstandings surrounding technology, age and mobile learning while recognizing Generation C and how this generation is changing what we think of as teaching and learning.
• New Technologies, New Learning (March 29). The integration of converging information and communication technologies into smart devices is changing how, when, where and why learning occurs. Participants will develop awareness of the new uses for technology in learning and acknowledge the characteristics of technologies that best support mobile learning.
• Contexts and Convergence of Mobility, Learning & Technology (April 19). Mobile learning requires us to rethink what constitutes learning and in what context it occurs. This session acknowledges how we can rethink learning to encompass important lifelong skills.
• The Learning Ecosystem: Integrating Teaching, Learning, Technology and Space (May 17). This webinar explores how an effective learning ecosystem integrates and leverages the key elements of learning, technology and space. It addresses a multimodal, multidimensional approach to learning and learning spaces.
• Facility Support for Mobile Learners (June 21). Effective implementation of mobile learning requires infrastructure and facility support. This session focuses on the facility requirements to support mobile learning technologies, the challenges of and opportunities for learning infrastructure, and developments that may help realize the full potential of mobile learning.
BRETFORDU is an education vehicle for 21st century learners. Positioned to help educators stay ahead of the curve with live and online seminars and events, BRETFORDU focuses on new teaching methods and technologies in and outside of the classroom. It is designed to help those involved in education take charge of making the learning environment a better place today for the leaders of tomorrow.
To register for a live webinar, visit BRETFORDU, click “Webinars” and register for an available event. For more information about BRETFORDU, call 1-800-521-9614. Bretford can also be followed on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bretfordmanf or Facebook at www.facebook.com/bretfordmanf.
# # #
About Bretford Manufacturing, Inc.
Bretford is a manufacturer of furniture for both classroom and work environments. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Franklin Park, Ill., Bretford Manufacturing, Inc. holds more than six decades of expertise dedicated solely to the design and manufacture of furniture solutions. With nearly 350 employees and 450,000 square feet of production space, the company offers smart furniture designs that support evolving technology, enabling institutions, organizations and corporations to increase productivity and efficiency. Bretford’s superior workmanship and environmentally compliant manufacturing and operation practices ensure dependable products, many of which are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. Bretford products are backed by a 12-year standard warranty and the industry’s best 20-year standard warranty on library furniture.