In this latest STAR (School Technology Action Report) from eSchool Media, you’ll find essential knowledge for educators and administrators: How to get much more out of assessment.
No Child Left Behind drove a dramatic increase in testing at all levels. To some, we’ve gone too far. By being smarter about their testing practices, educators can save time—and money—while also using assessment to improve student learning more effectively.
Informed assessment practices can efficiently shed light on student learning; without them, educators cannot determine the most appropriate next steps to strengthen instruction or promote growth. In this free report, you’ll find handy definitions, examples of common mistakes in using assessment, and articles addressing a range of relevant topics, including:
- What it means to be “assessment literate,” and why it’s important;
- Formative assessment and performance assessment;
- How to align assessments with learning goals more effectively;
- The importance of accessible testing; and
- How to understand and use data to improve student achievement.
Go to page 2 for the full PDF report
Click image to download PDF