A toxic, cancer-causing gas is threatening the health of students in thousands of classrooms across the country, but many districts aren't doing anything about it, the Huffington Post reports. In an investigative report for TODAY, Jeff Rossen reports that radioactive radon gas -- which is invisible, odorless and tasteless -- exist in classrooms across the country at levels nearly twice the Environmental Protection Agency's accepted limit. Radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer, just behind smoking. Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water that seeps into the air. The EPA estimates...

Subscribe to Read More

Are You an Educator?

Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eSchool News Today email newsletter

About the Author:

staff and wire services reports