Educators looking to inspire their students can now benefit from the fun and affordable website designer WebPlus X6. The latest version from award-winning developer, Serif, provides students with everything they need to produce interactive multimedia websites – regardless of ability.
The program’s powerful and easy-to-use tools make it perfect for students who want to learn how to design websites but do not have any coding, programming or web designing experience. Its drag-and-drop design method enables learners to quickly and easily produce stylish websites optimized for both desktop and mobile devices. Also ideal for creating e-portfolios, podcasting and sharing work, WebPlus’ multimedia web tools can be used by high-achieving students to push their creativity and develop new IT and communication skills.
“A key tool for multimedia web design, WebPlus is used in many schools to create interactive websites, communicate information and present work in e-portfolios – no matter what the subject,” says Colin Hussey, Head of Education Sales at Serif. “Its user-friendly interface and cross-curricular tools mean teachers can quickly integrate it into their lesson plans. We’re confident educators will find WebPlus X6 has specifically been designed to offer the right blend of simplicity and sophistication for both younger and older students.”
With 84% of smartphone owners now regularly using the internet on their phones1 to access information, more and more students are seeing fit-for-purpose websites with desktop and mobile device navigation. WebPlus X6 helps students learn how to build websites that can automatically be viewed on devices like smartphones and tablets.
“It is really beneficial for young people to keep up with technology trends and learn advanced IT skills such as building websites optimized for all the latest gadgets,” adds Colin. “WebPlus X6 enables students to create a matching and mobile-friendly version of their website, which optimizes the end user’s experience, and equips the students with industry-relevant skills that will be attractive to future employers. Everything on a site can be personalized too, allowing students to create graphics, edit photos, write text, add cool web gadgets, set up an online shop and much more.”
WebPlus X6 features a wide variety of new and improved tools to inspire students. They include:
• Effective site navigation – Plan and build easy-to-navigate websites, with a new clear structure view that makes it easier to understand page relationships and rearrange website content.
• New forms – A key requirement in many courses, forms can now be customized to house styles with graphic buttons, background colors, a new calendar date picker, booking forms and more.
• Site and content builder – Quickly build feature-rich sites by dragging and dropping elements like text, video, social media widgets, maps, forms, and e-commerce straight onto your page.
• Site and House style setup – When creating a site from scratch, new site setup guides pupils through the essentials: page size, number of pages, color scheme for a consistent house style and a navbar, which pupils can customize later.
• Convert objects to HTML – As well as viewing their sites in HTML and CSS, students can now also convert objects to HTML fragments to add extra code to images, forms and objects.
• Mouse interactivity – Students can now use a huge range of new web icons, preset with actions such as print and email, or add their own custom actions to mouse movements such as hover or click. This is great for adding extra interactivity to a multimedia project.
• Asset management – WebPlus X6 makes it much simpler for pupils to get organized and manage their content when building a website – perfect for presenting information and communication ideas.
WebPlus X6 is compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP and is available to schools and colleges in US and Canada from just $19.99 per user, or as part of the Serif Design Suite, with License Packs starting from $999. The Serif Design Suite is used by many schools and colleges in the US and Canada as an accessible, affordable alternative to complex and expensive graphics software.
For further information on Serif’s Design Suite License pricing, please call 1-800-489-6712 or email email@example.com
For all press information please contact Nikki Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 115 914 9043.
Notes for Editors
1 Pew Internet Tracking Survey in May 2011
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus, PhotoPlus, DrawPlus, WebPlus, MoviePlus, CraftArtist and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with over 6.5 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 250 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in California, US.