SAS Curriculum Pathways has launched a free Algebra 1 course that provides teachers and students with all the required content to address the Common Core State Standards for Algebra. Available online, the course engages students through real-world examples, images, animations, videos and targeted feedback. Teachers can integrate individual components or use the entire course as the foundation for their Algebra 1 curriculum.
SAS developed the Algebra 1 course in collaboration with the North Carolina Virtual Public School, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, and the Triangle High Five Algebra Readiness Initiative, an organization that promotes the important role mathematics teachers play in preparing students for college and careers.
The course maps to publisher requirements recently established by the lead writers of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. More specifically, the course addresses the authors’ concerns for greater emphasis on mathematical reasoning, rigor, and balance. In addition, the course takes a balanced approach to three elements the writers see as central to course rigor: conceptual understanding, procedural skill, and opportunities to apply key concepts. It incorporates 21st-century themes like global awareness and financial literacy while weaving assessment opportunities throughout the content.
Each lesson in the Algebra 1 course has four sections:
- Get Ready – introduction.
- Learn – instructional content with interactive components and guided practice.
- Practice – additional problems to confirm the learning.
- Review – summary, including printable materials.
- Epson Technology Enhances Aquarium Education Programs - December 8, 2022
- Texas’ Corpus Christi Independent School District Expands Partnership with Discovery Education by Selecting New, TEKS-Aligned Mystery Science to Support Deeper Student Engagement in Science - December 6, 2022
- CoderZ Launches New Code Farm Coding and Robotics Course for Grades Four Through Six - December 5, 2022