Califone Pinterest Contest Gives Educators Chance to Win Popular Back-to-School Classroom Technology
Educators to create “Classroom AV Wish List” pinboard by Sept. 24 to be entered to win a Califone prize package
San Fernando, Calif. (Aug. 28, 2012) – In celebration of back-to-school, Califone International, Inc. is launching a contest for the growing community of educators using Pinterest to support educational advancement. Educators who share their inspiration for a dream classroom by creating a “Classroom AV Wish List” board on Pinterest and pin one of four prize packages will be entered to win Califone products worth $4,000.
Now through Sept. 24, 2012, educators are encouraged to follow Califone on Pinterest and then create their own board titled “Classroom AV Wish List.” On the board, educators must repin one of four available audio packages from the Califone Pinterest contest board, and in the comments of the image, use the #PinCalifone hashtag and describe how the package would help enrich their classroom. After the board is complete, educators should add a comment to the original pin on the Califone Pinterest contest board of the prize they wish to win with the URL to their inspiration board. Submissions will be evaluated by Califone based on the level of creativity and the effective use of audiovisual products.
Since learning with audio technology occurs in many different ways, there are four available packages for contestants to choose from to best meet student and classroom needs.
- Portable PA Package includes one PowerPro SD (PA919SD) with tripod, one PA419 with tripod and built-in, Apple-approved docking station for an iPhone® or iPod® device, and two wireless mics (one handheld and one beltpack transmitter with hands-free headset mic). Each PA system can be used separately, or set to the same frequency and used together for sound reinforcement for larger functions. This package provides the flexibility of two battery-powered PA systems around campus for various programming, as well as offers a valuable audio enhancement for school emergency response planning, physical education classes, and theater activities.
- Mobile and ELA Learning Package includes 20 MP4 players (8201) and 40 To Go™ mobile compatible headsets, with five styles for educators to choose from. Whether implementing a mobile learning initiative or supporting ELL students, educators can use this package to create programming for differentiated learning. Since language learning involves listening to and modeling speaking examples, incorporating To Go headsets, designed for use with smartphones and tablets, into instruction not only provides schools with flexibility, but also helps them prepare for the online testing component of the Common Core State Standards.
- Library Package includes four PresentationPro™ PA systems (PA300), five 6-person Spirit SD Learning Centers, and five 6-position computer listening centers with a USB jackbox. Few locations can rival the library for hosting as many multipurpose audio-related learning activities such as whole class or small group instruction and read-alongs using computer or boombox-based audio sources. This package outfits a library with critical audio technology to support student podcasting, online conferencing, and other activities for small differentiated learning groups.
- Clicker Package includes one 40-student Got It!™ Student Response System, one WB80 Interactive Whiteboard, and an Infrared Classroom Audio system for two classrooms (complete with two wireless mics, teleconferencing capabilities and independent support for a separate audio system for students with special needs). Together, these products enable educators to engage students and nurture their confidence.
“Educators are using new technology and social media tools in creative and innovative ways to improve student learning,” said Tim Ridgway, vice president of marketing for Califone. “The Califone back-to-school Pinterest Contest awards these pioneers for navigating new spaces of communication and collaboration.”
One pin per contestant per week is allowed. Contest rules and submission requirements are detailed on the Califone blog. Winners will be announced by Oct. 5, 2012.
Califone was founded in 1947 and continues to be a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of audiovisual and supplemental curriculum products for use in education, presentation and professional markets. The company offers a complete line of audio solutions, wireless systems and multimedia products for small, medium and large presentation needs. Califone serves millions of educators and students in the PreK through higher education school environments, and has expanded to serve business and industry, houses of worship, parks and recreation, and other presentation markets as well.
• Tim Ridgway, Califone, Inc., 800-722-0500 x428, Tim.Ridgway@califone.com
• Kristen Plemon, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x18, email@example.com