Tuesday, September 4, 2012 – The 2013 National Mentoring Summit will be January 24 – 25 at the Renaissance Mayflower Washington, D.C. — a Marriott property on the National Registry of Historic Places and a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Based on input from our national network of Mentoring Partnerships and mentoring colleagues across the country, MENTOR is pleased to announce that the 2013 Summit theme will be: Mentoring Works: Inspire. Achieve. Advocate.
“We are excited that we will be at the Mayflower, especially just four days after a presidential inauguration,” said MENTOR’s Chief Executive Officer David Shapiro. “The Summit gives us an opportunity to create a powerful platform for shared learning, agenda setting and multi-sector advancement of quality youth mentoring relationships. We will build on the success of the first two years and the great feedback to enrich the 2013 Summit and honor the investment of time and resources of all involved.”
The sold out 2012 Summit brought together approximately 500 key mentoring stakeholders from across the nation, featured a wide array of workshops from seasoned experts, as well as a panel of young people and their mentors, and included a Corporate Leadership Session focused on strategies for deepening private sector volunteerism and investment in quality youth mentoring.
One exciting addition for 2013 will be the opportunity for exhibitors to reach youth-serving organizations. More than thirty exhibitors will share information about their organization, tools and services with more than 600 attendees of the Summit. Sponsorship opportunities also are available for events within the Summit. Please contact MENTOR’s Vice President, External Relations, Tonya Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Early bird registration for the 2013 National Mentoring Summit will last until September 30 at $250. The registration fee after that date will be $310 and will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis until registration reaches capacity. In addition, the Mayflower has agreed to offer Summit guests a reduced room rate comparable to those offered for the first and second Summits.
The 2013 Summit will include:
• A keynote address by a champion of mentoring.
• The latest trends and analysis on mentoring presented by the field’s premier researchers.
• Seventy-five-minute workshops highlighting: examples of best-practices programs; cutting-edge training tools and resources; innovations in financial sustainability and funding opportunities; collaborative partnerships, including corporate/community engagement; faith-based perspectives; and advocacy and organizing.
• An exhibitor hall showcasing the work of dozens of youth-serving organizations.
• An evening reception for all Summit registrants at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.
For more information about the Mayflower Renaissance Washington, click here. To see photos, presentations and additional information from the 2012 National Mentoring Summit, go to www.mentoring.org/summit2012. If you have any questions regarding the 2013 National Mentoring Summit, contact Natalie McIntyre at email@example.com.