Texthelp’s New Web App Provides Unparalleled Accessibility within Google Docs
Read&Write for Google DocsTM includes powerful reading, research, and studying
support tools to make Google Docs accessible
Woburn, MA, September 6, 2012 – Texthelp Inc., leading provider of award-winning literacy software solutions, today announced the release of Read&Write for Google Docs. Google Docs allows teachers and students to create and collaborate on documents in real time in the Cloud while Read&Write for Google Docs provides the support tools needed to make these documents accessible to all.
Read&Write for Google Docs integrates many of Read&Write GOLD’s most popular support features into Google documents in the Chrome browser on PCs or Macs. Users simply open a Google document and use the tools on the Read&Write for Google Docs toolbar to:
- Have the document read aloud with dual color highlighting
- Access Dictionary, Picture Dictionary, Translator, Fact Finder, and Study Skills tools
- Collect highlights made using the Google Docs highlighters
- Automatically create a vocabulary list of highlighted words with text definitions and images for each word
Jack Dolan, President of Texthelp Inc., states, “More and more schools and districts are utilizing Google Docs for its collaborative nature and availability in the Cloud and are looking for tools to support all of their students in this environment. Read&Write for Google Docs was designed to ensure anytime accessibility within these documents. Now educators and students can create and edit documents online while collaborating in real-time with other users, with familiar Read&Write support tools at their fingertips.”
Read&Write for Google Docs joins an expanding suite of innovative Web Apps from Texthelp:
Apps for use within browsers on iPads, PCs, and Macs:
- Read&Write Web – Read aloud web content with dual color highlighting. Includes Dictionary, Picture Dictionary, Translator, and Study Skills highlighters.
- eBook Reader – Search for, save, and read aloud Bookshare® eBooks with Dictionary, Picture Dictionary, Translator, and Study Skills highlighters.
Apps for use on smaller mobile devices, such as iPhones:
- Dictionary – Get text definitions and images
for typed or pasted words. Definitions can also be read aloud with dual highlighting.
- Speech – Read aloud typed or pasted text with
- Spelling – Look up a word to get spelling
suggestions, including text definitions and images.
Pricing and Availability
Read&Write for Google Docs is available now free of charge for Read&Write GOLD site license or single user customers who have a current Software Maintenance (SMS) agreement. For more information, call 888-248-0652, email email@example.com, or
About Texthelp Inc.
Texthelp Inc. (www.texthelp.com) provides literacy software solutions for individuals, K-12, higher education, and publishers. Texthelp’s products include: Read&Write GOLD, Web Apps, Fluency Tutor, Lexiflow, and SpeechStream. Read&Write GOLD is a
customizable easy-to-use toolbar that seamlessly integrates with mainstream applications allowing students to access reading, writing, studying, and research support tools from within programs they use every day. The Texthelp Web Apps bring Read&Write features to the Cloud and work on iPads, iPhones, and more! Fluency Tutor is an online solution for developing and measuring oral reading fluency and comprehension. Lexiflow and SpeechStream allow publishers to deliver digital talking ebooks, assessments, and online content with support tools.