BRETFORD FOCUSES ON FURNITURE FOR THE MODERN CLASSROOM AND DIGITAL MEDIA CENTER AT TCEA 2013
CHICAGO — February 6, 2013 — Bretford Manufacturing, Inc.®, a United States manufacturer of technology-enabled furniture for agile learning and business environments, is focusing on a host of new powered and mobile furniture products for the modern classroom and digital media center, many of which are making their debut in the Bretford booth (#2365) this week at TCEA 2013, Feb. 6-8 in Austin, Texas. The Bretford booth will also feature daily presentations on the set-up, deployment and management of iOS devices for the classroom. Additionally at TCEA, Bretford is sponsoring the Digital Square Interactive Lounge by providing powered and mobile tables, chairs and soft seating in this peer-to-peer learning environment, which involves interactive sessions on the latest web tools and integration ideas.
The following new products will be unveiled in the Bretford booth during TCEA:
• EXPLORE™ Teaming Table. A highlight to the new Bretford Library 2.0™ Line of furniture for the modern digital media center, the teaming table is an affordable, intuitive small group collaborative table with a large monitor at one end, which allows up to five students to easily connect and share the screen content on their laptops or other mobile devices. About a quarter of the cost of traditional teaming tables, it is ideal for use in education: for the school library in group collaborative areas, small group study rooms, student lounges and non-traditional study areas or classrooms for breakout sessions. It can also be used in a business setting as a meeting table and a platform for presentations to small groups.
• Charging Tray for Mobile Devices with Detect-Supply-Charge (DSC) Technology™. The newest compact charging station for tablet devices, the tray is the first to simultaneously deliver a full-rate charge to multiple brands of tablets and e-readers that require up to 2.4 amps. The tray is designed for any commercial location where multiple tablets and e-readers are being used and require a charging station, such as classrooms and business offices, although the market and application opportunities are limitless. The tray can effectively store and charge up to 10 tablets or e-readers of various brands and any device that supports USB charging with a screen size of up to 10.6 diagonal inches.
• PowerSync Case™ 10 for iPad and PowerSync Roller™ 20 for iPad Mini. PowerSync Roller 10 for iPad and PowerSync Roller 20 for iPad mini are the first charging and management solutions for iOS devices with Lightning, and the first such management solution in a padded and portable travel case. Designed for charging, managing, transporting and securing multiple iPad and iPad mini devices, the PowerSync Roller solutions are purpose-built, commercial-grade cases that allow organizations to bring their best technology wherever it is needed.
• iOS Deployment Guide. The interactive book, “iOS Deployment: A Guide to Managing iPad, iPhone and iPod touch in Your Organization” is now available for free on the iBookstore. It provides a picture of how Apple iOS devices can be integrated and managed effectively within an organization. Readers will learn what they can expect during the critical initial setup and how to avoid possible pitfalls throughout deployment. The intuitive guide was designed to receive updates as the family of Apple iOS devices continue to evolve. Some of the topics covered include the activation and configuration of devices, management of media and documents, ownership of apps, data backup and restoration.
Other new products include:
• MOTIV™ High Back Sofa. Designed for casual learning environments, such as libraries, lounges and cafes, but is also perfect for common areas of K-12 schools, corporate offices and public buildings. The sofa offers high walls for privacy and sound obstruction in open lounge environments, and provides optional power accessibility to charge laptops, tablets and other mobile devices.
• Mobile Interactive Whiteboard (EDUIWB-AL). Recently upgraded with a universal mounting bracket designed for ultra short throw projectors weighing 20 pounds or less. The new interactive whiteboard works with most ultra short-throw projector models so schools and businesses have the flexibility to use their brand of choice. It’s also a more affordable option at less than half the cost of traditional fixed interactive whiteboards. Traditional whiteboards are fixed to the wall within the teacher’s domain, which tends to limit interaction with the students. The nature of the Bretford Mobile Interactive Whiteboard allows for more student interface while giving educators the ability to remove the whiteboard from the classroom for sharing and use in other learning areas.
Bretford Booth Presentations
A daily in-booth presentation will be made by Andrew MacKenzie, Mac and iOS Integration Specialist for Bretford Manufacturing, Inc., called “Using Apple Configurator to Deploy and Manage Your Devices for the Classroom.” The session provides an overview of how to best set up, deploy and manage iOS devices for the classroom. The discussion includes ways to use Apple Configurator and the PowerSync Cart™ or Tray™ to push Apps, join wireless, set restrictions and more. Presentation times:
Wed., Feb. 6 at 2:00 p.m.
Thurs., Feb. 7 at 2:00 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 8 at 10:00 a.m.
Digital Square at TCEA
Bretford is sponsoring one of TCEA’s interactive lounges called the Digital Square by providing mobile and powered tables, chairs and soft seating to create a unique learning space. The Digital Square will be available to attendees from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during TCEA to explore the latest web tools and integration ideas for digital-savvy students. It will also be used for interactive sessions presented by educators leading the way in creating engaged learning environments. Attendees are encouraged to explore and share ideas in this peer-to-peer learning environment.