White Plains, NY and Jackson, Mississippi, February 12, 2013 – eScholar®, a leader in the application of data to personalize education, today, announced that the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) has deployed eScholar products and services to collect, analyze and report data for the state’s 152 school districts. Utilizing eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® for K-12 (eScholar CDW) combined with the eScholar EDEN Solution™, MDE harnesses the experience garnered from 12 other state education agency implementations, as well as a wealth of professional and technical consulting services. With eScholar, MDE takes advantage of an integrated platform of accurate data to improve the education outcomes of Mississippi’s students.
Mississippi is among a growing list of education agencies that are using data to improve education, streamline their Education Data Exchange Network (EDEN) reporting and efficiently focus educational resources on individual students. EDEN is the system by which the U. S. Department of Education collects statistical data for grades K-12, known as the EdFacts Initiative. Information is collected from a variety of data sources to report on student populations by demographic subgroups, including race and gender, graduation rates, school spending, etc. Working closely with USED, eScholar monitors the evolving specifications of the EdFacts Reporting system and continually updates its EDEN solution, removing the burden on a state education agency to keep up with the frequent changes. Now, with Federal reporting under control, MDE can focus on using data to help students.
Specific benefits afforded to Mississippi with its adoption of eScholar include:
• A single source of data that is collected and used consistently. This allows data quality rules to be applied consistently across several data domains, and avoids confusion in reporting caused by applying different data rules for every different analysis.
• Integrated data from various sources loaded and stored indefinitely in the eScholar CDW, allowing Mississippi to review, analyze, and report longitudinal data on-demand from an integrated repository.
• Broadly proven data solution that is continually improved based on the experience of thousands of educators across the country.
• Expert implementation services that leverage experience across many states to bring new clients up to speed quickly and successfully.
• eScholar U and professional development to quickly share experience from across the community while providing 24/7 professional development support directly into the hands of key stakeholders.
• eScholar EDEN Solution that lets administrators focus on the quality and accuracy of their education data without having the burden of wrestling with the changing business rules and formatting requirements imposed under EdFacts.
With eScholar in place, MDE’s ability to support Common Educational Data Standards (CEDS) ensures K-12 data interoperability, portability, and comparability of key data points across early learning programs and agencies, States, districts, and postsecondary institutions. Mississippi’s collection and integration of detail level data within eScholar creates a foundation where Mississippi can support the personal, organizational, intervention and career goals of its students.
“We are very excited to have Mississippi join the eScholar community. MDE has done some leading-edge data and research work over the years and we are happy that other states will have better ability to leverage that work across their implementations,” said Shawn Bay, CEO of eScholar. “With our experience in Federal reporting and data integration, we are pleased to be able to take some of the administrative burden off of MDE and allow them to focus those resources on the important job of helping children succeed.”
eScholar CDW for PK-12 is the industry’s most robust and mature longitudinal data warehouse solution. eScholar CDW collects data from multiple sources to support reporting and drive individual student achievement. Delivered as a commercial-off-the-shelf solution (COTS), eScholar CDW has the greatest number of statewide implementations. With the addition of Mississippi, eScholar now supports more than 35 percent of the nation’s students.
eScholar is the nation’s leading innovator in the application of billions of individual education data points to the needs and goals of each person. eScholar customers are realizing significant improvements in their ability to meet mandated reporting requirements, but more importantly in their ability to improve pre-K through postsecondary student achievement. eScholar delivers an entire suite of award-winning data warehouse, student and staff identifier management and collaborative goal planning solutions. Relied on by 13 state education agencies and over 4,800 districts across the country, eScholar products transform the way educators use data. For more information about eScholar, visit www.escholar.com or call 877-328-2969.