Discovery Education and Digital Promise Launch Future@Now: Transition to Digital Classrooms Event
— Congressman George Miller (D-CA), leading educational strategists, school district leaders and students from across the country come together to discuss the state of digital learning —
Discovery Education and Digital Promise, in conjunction with Connect2Compete, ERDI, ISTE, NCERT and other leading national and state-level education organizations, are launching the first inaugural Future@Now: Transition to Digital Classrooms conference that will gather both public sector and private industry thought-leaders from across the country to discuss one of the most important issues in education today – the state of digital learning. Launching a year after the FCC and DOE’s Digital Textbook Playbook initiative, the goal of Future@Now – Transition to Digital Classrooms is to raise awareness about the benefits of digital learning and celebrate the successes of districts that have already deployed digital textbooks in meaningful ways in their classrooms.
Discovery Education will also be making a special announcement at the conference that will impact students and educators across the county.
• Congressman George Miller, U.S. House of Representatives member, Senior Democrat of the House Education and Workforce Committee and author of the “Transforming Education through Technology Act”
• Dr. Mark Edwards, AASA Superintendent of the Year, Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools member and Superintendent of Mooresville Graded School District
• Alberto Carvalho, Miami-Dade County Public Schools Superintendent and recipient of the Broad Prize in Urban Education
• Mary Moss Wirt, 3rd grade student in the Wake County Public School System and digital learner
• Sara Schapiro, Director of the Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools
• Bill Goodwyn, President & CEO, Discovery Education
• Zach Leverenz, CEO, Connect2Compete
• Holly Jobe, President, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
• Senior policy-makers, educational thought leaders, superintendents, CAOs and CFOs who will offer exclusive insight into digital learning and the strategies for its effective implementation
Thursday, April 11 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
View the live stream here:
About Discovery Education
Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations around the world to transform teaching and learning with innovative content and services that support educators and accelerate academic achievement. With a presence in over half of all US schools and in 50 countries around the world, Discovery Education fuels educational transformation with award-winning multimedia content including digital textbooks, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Powered by Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the number one nonfiction media company in the world, Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 and community college instruction. Explore the future of education at www.discoveryeducation.com.
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to spur innovation in education. Through its work with educators, technologists, researchers, and leading thinkers, Digital Promise supports comprehensive research and development to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. One of its flagship initiatives, the Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools, is a national coalition of public school districts committed to digital innovation that delivers results for students. The League of Innovative Schools is made up of 32 school districts and education groups in 21 states, that collectively serve more than 2.5 million students.