- Every video on the site was built using screencasting software and developed by Salman Khan.
- The site is a nonprofit funded by investors, such as Bill Gates.
- Once you sign up for a free account, you have access to all videos and lessons.
- Users can find lessons by topic or by subject.
- Students can log into their account, click on their name at the top of the page, and then click on the ‘coaches’ tab to select their teacher. Once they select their coach, the coach can control what each student watches.
- Students can have more than one coach.
- For math and science videos, students can elect to see how a problem was solved step-by-step, either through text or video, by clicking ‘show the next step’ button.
- Coaches have access to all of their students’ activities and achievements.
- Coaches are able to access ‘class stats,’ which reveals how many students have viewed a video, as well as which students have viewed the video.
- Khan Academy provides a ‘teacher toolkit’ that explains how to get started, how to implement Khan Academy into the classroom, and provides resources for students.
(Next page: Sophia and TED-Ed)