What is it? Explore how progress happens with THINK: From the very beginning, humans have sought to improve the quality of life. We’ve worked to make our world more efficient, accessible, and safe. While each leap of progress has required its own intelligence and hard work, many seem to follow a distinct, repeatable pattern. We see how our world behaves, map what we find, understand causes and effects, believe we can create new outcomes, and act to build and improve the systems around us. THINK explores how we can follow this path to address some of our most pressing challenges–from the grand to the everyday.
Best for: Middle school through college
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later; Android 3.0 and up.
Features: A 10-minute HD film: How does progress happen? Through past and present stories, the THINK film decodes the patterns of human progress and shows how technology can improve the world around us. 5 interactive modules:
- Seeing: Navigate an illustrated timeline documenting our quest to measure the world with increasingly precise tools.
- Mapping: Discover some of the world’s most important maps and explore how they organize complex information.
- Understanding: Interact with the models used to untangle and predict the behaviors of the world.
- Believing: Listen to leaders of world-changing initiatives explain how they build belief.
- Acting: Travel across a virtual globe to discover some of the most inspiring examples of systemic progress.