Name: Oxford Picture Dictionary, Second Edition
What is it? The Oxford Picture Dictionary app provides instant access, anytime and anywhere, to the bestselling picture dictionary. Use the app alone or paired with the print dictionary to provide the perfect vocabulary solution for your students.
Best for: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Introduce students to 4,000 terms, organized into 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food and Recreation, and more. Each unit includes phrases and expressions from everyday life that help put words and images in context.
- Engage students with vibrant art and an easy-to-use format.
- Provide students with unlimited independent practice and multiple exposures to the terms.
- The zoom-in/zoom-out feature allows students to better experience the vocabulary within each scene and image.
- Bookmark any entry to easily search for terms.
- Use the search function, to quickly look up any term in the dictionary.
Name: PBS Parents Play & Learn HD
What is it? PBS’ first app designed specifically for parents, PBS Parents Play & Learn provides more than a dozen games parents can play with their kids, each themed around a familiar location–including at the grocery store, at home, in the kitchen, and more. The bilingual (English/Spanish) app makes it easy for parents to seize upon those daily “teachable moments” through theme-based interactive games and simple hands-on activities that connect math and literacy skills to everyday experiences. Each game comes with a parent note that provides information about the math and literacy skills woven into the game and suggestions for effective ways to interact with a child while playing the game to maximize the learning experience.
Best for: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later; Requires Android 2.2 and up
- 13 interactive games.
- Parent notes with each game.
- 52 easy hands-on activities.
- A free-play sticker area.
- Weekly push notifications with more ideas for parents.
- Completely bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Announces TutorMe Partnership - January 20, 2022
- Osmo From BYJU’s Names Peter Glovin Senior Vice President of Educational Sales - January 20, 2022
- K-12 Districts Nationwide Expand Usage of ParentSquare to Strengthen Family Engagement - January 20, 2022