Name: POETRY from the Poetry Foundation
What is it? Nominated for a WEBBY award, this universal iOS app allows users to take thousands of poems by classic and contemporary poets on the go. From William Shakespeare to César Vallejo to Heather McHugh, the Poetry Foundation’s app turns your phone, iPod Touch or iPad into a mobile poetry library.
Best for: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later; Requires Android 1.6 and up.
- Search for old favorites with memorable lines.
- Give your device a shake to discover new poems to fit any mood.
- Save your favorite poems to read and share later—through Facebook, Twitter, or eMail.
- Read poems by T.S. Eliot, Pablo Neruda, Lucille Clifton, Emily Dickinson, and many others.
Name: School Fuel
What is it? School Fuel Apps is a mobile learning platform that allows teachers and school leaders to connect with students in class and on the go. School Fuel Apps provides customized app libraries aligned to Common Core Standards helping schools deliver the right apps to the right students at the right time-on any device.
Best for: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later; Requires Android 3.0 and up.
- Web-Based teacher admin.
- App libraries based on subject areas, grade level, Common Core standards and mobile OS type.
- Delivery of libraries on nearly any device including Android Phones / Tablets, iPhones / iPads and Windows mobile devices.
Links: [Apple] https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/school-fuel/id570027440?mt=8