Alexandria, VA (05/02/2013)—ASCD is bringing its inaugural ASCD Common Core Leadership Team Academy to Chicago August 5–8, 2013. This intensive four-day professional leadership experience offers groups of administrators, teacher leaders, and nonprofit and higher education partners an accelerated plan for putting the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) into routine practice. ASCD is the global leader in providing programs, products, and services that empower educators to support the success of each learner.
“This is an experience that will get key leaders thinking and working in unison to take on the challenge of the Common Core State Standards in a way that meets the needs of their schools and districts,” said ASCD Executive Director and CEO Dr. Gene R. Carter. “We encourage school leadership teams nationwide to join us for this collaborative, hands-on professional learning opportunity.”
Sessions will be led by ASCD Faculty members Judy Carr, Tim Westerberg, and Denise Alterio. In groups, attendees will explore crucial resources and collaboratively plan how to
• Implement key shifts across English language arts, literacy, and mathematics.
• Redesign curriculum maps and scope-and-sequence documents.
• Engage teachers in design and critique of the CCSS.
• Construct coteaching models to support all students in high performance of the CCSS.
• Develop and provide collaborative PD for implementation of the standards.
• Use walk-throughs to collect evidence about student learning.
• Use data at every level to improve instruction and student performance.
Education leaders who attend individually will be paired with two to four participants of similar professional backgrounds.
Visit www.ascd.org/CCLTA to learn more and to register. For more information about ASCD and our programs, products, and services, visit www.ascd.org.
Stephen Wakefield, communications director, 1-703-575-5764 or by e-mail.
Alexandra Fenwick, communications assistant, 1-703-575-5482 or by e-mail.