What is it? Kids can make animated stories with crafts, toys, or anything hands-on, to share with friends and family. myCreate is a learning tool validated by thousands of teachers and parents around the world for enhancing creativity. Using the built-in camera, kids capture a series of photos of the physical world around them, and immediately play back a stop-motion animation. After recording audio, kids can upload their animations to Facebook and YouTube.
Best for: Younger children and students.
Requirements: Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
- simplistic, easy-to-use interface
- dual windows for video playback and image streaming
- image capture from both front and back cameras
- audio recording
- import audio from iTunes library
- export to Facebook, YouTube, and albums
- moving and deleting of pictures and audio
- time lapse
- adjustable frame rate
- help tags
- copy frames
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018