Name: Eddy’s Number Party!
What is it? In this kindergarten readiness app, young children practice counting, matching numbers, and improving memory and attention, while preparing for Eddy the dog’s surprise party. Part of the Kinderspark series from Scientific Learning Corp., Eddy’s Number Party! was selected from thousands of apps to be featured in the new book, “iPad Apps for Kids for Dummies,” by Jinny Gudmundsen, Kid Tech columnist for USA Today and Gannett News, and editor-in-chief of the “Computing with Kids” Ezine.
Best for: PreK and kindergarten.
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- Children collect balloons, toss presents, track party hats, and earn fun “talking” stickers as they master important foundational concepts
- Four levels of counting, listening, and matching
- Bonus activities
- Just-in-time hints and help
- Parents are able to review the game’s goals, tour all game levels, and learn about the underlying research and development.
- Report card: a visual report card shows your child’s progress
- Suggestions: find out “what to look for” to see your child’s progress and how to further “bring learning to life.”