What is it? This app, which also works offline, is a modernized thesaurus that allows users to sort synonyms with new filters such as Relevance, Complexity, Length, and more. Create personalized lists of favorite synonyms, and quickly refine any style of writing & find the perfect words. Students can find the perfect word and synonyms fast with the app’s “best match” feature.
Best for: Middle school to college students.
Price: On sale for $2.99 for a limited time.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Over 550,000 synonyms & antonyms from Thesaurus.com
- Fast & modern thesaurus available
- Refine & sort your synonyms & antonyms across 5 different filters
- Find a more difficult or simpler synonym with the Complexity dial
- Shorten or lengthen synonyms with the Length feature
- Save personalized shortlists of all favorite synonyms & antonyms for quick reference later
- Audio pronunciation
- Explore Word Origin & History for context and background
- Learn words in context and improve writing with Examples & Tips (available via in-app purchase)
- Find words that rhyme and sort by exact syllable count with the Rhymes & Syllables feature (available via in-app purchase)
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018