What is it? Your mission: Help a friendly and curious little ghost rescue the fireflies that are hidden in Mystery Math Town. Players use math skills to unlock rooms and passages on their journey. Along the way, users can also earn talking portraits of the townspeople for their Gallery.
Best for: Younger students and children.
Price: $1.99 (an introductory price)
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Math practice integrated with a rich, immersive game experience
- Multiple user accounts-create your own avatar
- Customizable math skills for each player: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Varied Number Representations (dice and tallies)
- Players develop math thought by building equations, not just tapping answers
- Bonus challenges for extended gameplay
- Unique rewards reveal characters and backstory
- Requires strategy and critical thinking
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018