(Register for the summit here.)
Summit strands at this year’s conference include:
- ELLs: School and district best practices
- Technology: Data management, assessment, or instruction
- Research, policy, and legal: Trends and issues
- Leadership: Challenges and opportunities
More than 600 school and district leaders attended last year’s summit, and a post-summit ALAS survey indicated that 92 percent of 2012 attendees said they would return for the 2013 summit.
ALAS is now accepting applications for the 2013 ALAS $10,000 Scholarship Award, sponsored by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. This scholarship recognizes Latino administrators and principals for their leadership by providing assistance toward an advanced degree in education. The winner will receive a one-time $10,000 monetary award, made payable to their institution of higher learning, and will be presented during the Awards Banquet at the 10th Annual ALAS Education Summit in Denver on Oct. 17, 2013.
- SchoolStatus Names New Chief Revenue Officer and Expands Sales Team to Build on its Continued Growth - August 10, 2022
- Student from New Jersey Receives Award for STEAM Sustainability Innovation from Stanley Black & Decker and Discovery Education - August 10, 2022
- School System, County, and Police Partner on New Modernized Bus Initiative to Enhance Student Safety in Anne Arundel County - August 10, 2022