What is it? This app lets preschoolers learn math concepts through practice and play–listening to the storyline. The app covers all the math skills in the U.S. Common Core guidelines for preschoolers.
Best for: Preschoolers.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Based on the latest early education research, and matched to Preschoolers’ learning ability.
- Requires no reading ability as all instructions are spoken.
- Designed for little fingers.
- Headphone mode protects children’s hearing.
- Encourages development of listening skills.
- Lots of encouraging words and hints.
- Stickers for completing activities.
- Stars for completing levels.
- Kids progress at their own pace.
- Provides extra tips and practice if a child is struggling (adaptive repetition).
- Parents can monitor child’s progress on screen.
- Builds on children’s willingness to repeat tasks while playing games-essential to learning math.
- No in-app purchasing or advertising.
- No access to the internet required.
- No access to social media within the game.