Name: Ansel and Clair: Little Green Island HD
What is it? A game app on the environment and pollution combining creation, problem solving, and strategy with animations and interactivity. Play 18 unique game levels and complete missions to unlock rewards. Clear trash, plant, water, move, sell trees, catch the coal plants dumping pollutants, clean and free birds stuck in oil, earn GreenBucks to buy your rewards (NO in-app purchases).
Best for: Younger students
Price: Introductory price of $1.99
Requirements: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Experience how changes around your island result in an increase in pollution
- Fix or mitigate environmental challenges
- Learn through multiple ways: Create, experience, fix, see, hear (dialog & songs), and read (Clairvision Deeper Dive fully supported by audio); how changes outside your island still impact you as neighboring islands, Folksville and Smokey Island, evolve and change over 18 game levels; make real world connections: E.g., Oil Spill off Green Island – Exxon Valdez; Sign the 3 Island Protocol to stop using ozone products – Montreal Protocol
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018