How did you participate in Connected Educator Month?
On Oct. 31, Connected Educators and the U.S. Department of Education wrapped up the second annual Connected Educator Month, an October event aimed at helping administrators, technology leaders, and classroom educators stay connected and learn from one another.
And while wrap-up events occurred on Oct. 31, the connected events did not end on Oct. 31, and that’s one main goal of Connected Educators and Connected Educators Month–to stay connected all year.
Connected Educators offers five steps for staying connected every month, all year long.
- Grow the calendar. Keep adding events to the Connected Educator Month calendar, and keep people engaged so that they continue to check out new events and opportunities.
- Take collective action. Don’t stop your efforts on Oct. 31. Keep collaborating with fellow educators. Connected Educators created a Collaborative Projects Google Doc to support ongoing collaborative learning.
- Use edConnectr. This app helps connect like-minded educators. The possibilities are many.
- Share Connected Educator Month and its resources with less-connected colleagues. You can often prompt someone to become more connected on a permanent basis by showing them an easy way to begin.
- Volunteer for next year’s Connected Educator Month.
(Next page: Connected Educator Month by the numbers)