What is it? Ordered Fractions provides a tool that offers an innovative method of learning about comparing and ordering fractions. The game begins by rolling the dice, and students then insert these numbers into the boxes on the board, which creates the fractions. Students then position the fractions in ascending (or descending) order by comparing fractions. Students also have the option of exchanging the current set of numbers and re-rolling the dice. Along the way, the game offers helps and tips that enhance learning and make concepts easier to comprehend.
Best for: Middle school students.
Requirements: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Two Player Bluetooth Math Game. You can now use two devices and play competitively or cooperatively with your classmates or parents.
- Higher order thinking game (not a drill and kill game).
- Progress reports can be sent to the teacher (making formative assessment easy).
- A whiteboard build into the game to make a way for students to work out problems.
- Easy to extend beyond the one player game to a classroom setting.
- Comes with printable game sheets, making preparation for lessons simple.
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018