Name: Free Graphing Calculator
What is it? A powerful, flexible graphing calculator offering far more than most of the paid calculators out there.
Best for: High school students. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Requires Android 2.1 and up.
- Scientific Calculator. Available functions include: arithmetic functions and exponentiation, square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
- Graphing. Capabilities: Graph up to four equations at once; graphs are labeled; drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out; find roots and intersections; graph in polar coordinates; graph parametric equations
- A unit converter: Currently converts different units of: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume.
Constants for scientific calculations.
- Much more.
Links: [Apple] https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-graphing-calculator/id378009553?mt=8
[Android] *Note, this app is extremely similar, though not by the same developer. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.mathlab.android&hl=en
Name: Interactive Science Glossary: Life Science
What is it? A great review and study tool for learning nearly 100 life science terms and concepts, presented through simulations, video, science content, and flash cards. Categories include: Human Body, Ecosystems, Organisms and Change, Heredity, and Cells. The glossary presentation appeals to a wide range of learning styles.
Best for: Middle and High School students. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Study by browsing and reviewing terms through simulations and videos.
- Learn the science behind the terms through video and simulations.
- Quiz with flash cards randomly or by life science topic.
- Wi-Fi or 3G is required for initial download, videos and preview images that haven’t been download yet (images are download when term is tapped in the category view).
- Search glossary terms by alphabetical order or life science topic.
Link: [Apple] https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id792913964?mt=8
What is it? An iPad-based teacher documentation system that captures the “essence” of student development and strengthens relationships between home and school. Teachers use a dedicated app tailored specifically for classroom workflow to capture classroom activities for internal documentation and secure sharing with families.
Best for: Teachers. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Eliminate the tedious process of transferring files from digital cameras, combining them with hand-written notes then printing or sending via eMail.
- Teachers can share observations with parents with just a few taps, and easily generate student portfolios for parent- teacher conferences or other reporting needs.
- The system is cloud-based and fully automated.
Link: [Apple] https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id625387758?mt=8
(Next page: Apps 4-6)