RGS Classroom Game Server application includes teacher training, professional development and lesson plans developed by 3D learning solutions company MakersFactory, covering a range of subjects which meet Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
“Game-based learning is not only a terrific way to engage and motivate students, but it also enables educators to cultivate all of the creativity and problem-solving capabilities of students in a way that traditional learning methods never could,” said Scott MacDonald, vice president and general manager, RGS. “The RGS Classroom Game Server is designed to provide teachers with an effective way to implement lesson plans and project-based learning activities in a fun, hands-on environment.”
“MinecraftEdu has opened up endless possibilities for teachers to engage and inspire their students in the learning process,” said Joel Levin, teacher and co-founder of TeacherGaming LLC. “Through collaboration and sharing of best practices, teachers are able to effectively integrate MinecraftEdu into their lesson plans across the complete spectrum of academic subjects.”
“Collaborating with RGS has enabled the MakersFactory to continue product development around our game-based learning tools, expand our Ed Tech curriculum and proceed with exploring new ways to integrate 21st Century learning tools into the classroom,” said Dave Britton, founder and president, MakersFactory. “Our mission is to make every teacher a hero and we’re thrilled to work with an educational solutions company that has the audience, competence and foresight that RGS has to help make that vision a reality.”
RGS Classroom Game Server highlights:
• Enhanced student engagement through multiplayer game-based interaction
• Compatible with RGS Windows® Wi-Fi Learning Device
• Fully integrated for out-of-the-box deployment, with comprehensive pre- and post-sales support
• Professional development based on actual learning deployments
• Flexible LAN configuration options
• Student management tools to control where students can go, where they can build, and how they interact with the world and each other
• Discounted client and server licenses available for schools to purchase directly from TeacherGaming. Licensees can access additional lesson plans through the MinecraftEdu World Library.
For more information, visit the RGS website at http://avnetrgs.com.
Material from a press release was used in this report.