PD resources for teachers include discounts, webinars, and more
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, ASCD has assembled a list of free professional development resources for teachers seeking to improve their practice. In addition to the free resources, educators can also show their appreciation for teachers by taking advantage of ASCD’s special promotions on ASCD Arias publications and ASCD membership, available only during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4–8, 2015.
“Every day, in every school and every classroom, teachers directly influence, impact, and cultivate our most valuable resource: our children,” said Judy Seltz, ASCD executive director. “On behalf of everyone at ASCD, I want to convey the depth of our appreciation for teachers worldwide and extend our sincerest gratitude for all you do for students. Because of your ceaseless efforts to find new and better ways to engage, support, and develop each student in your class, our children are sure to accomplish far greater things than we can presently imagine.”
Free Professional Learning for Teachers
- ASCD Sourcebook—ASCD recently released a free catalog for educators looking for tools that help address questions about who, what, and how to teach and lead. The sourcebook features infographics as well as stories from authors, feedback from educators, and strategies that can immediately be put into practice.
- Educational Leadership (EL) magazine—In June, Educational Leadership magazine will release its free summer digital-only issue, “Improving Schools from Within.” Follow ASCD’s social media channels for information about the upcoming issue. To get a glimpse of this special edition of EL, educators can read the 2014 summer issue, “Making a Difference,” and be inspired by personal stories from educators who are changing the lives of their students and building meaningful relationships.
- Webinars—ASCD’s webinars provide free, ongoing learning for educators by bringing in experts to talk about timely topics, such as the Common Core State Standards, 21st century learning strategies, and closing the achievement gap. Each webinar is archived, so teachers never have to miss a topic and can access the large catalog of past webinars at their convenience.
- Book study guides and sample chapters—ASCD offers free study guides and sample chapters for most of its professional development publications. Additionally, the ASCD iPad app enables easy reading of ASCD e-books and lets users explore free electronic versions of member benefits like Educational Leadership, Education Update, and Policy Priorities.
Special Promotion for Teacher Appreciation Week
- ASCD Arias publications—From May 4 through May 8, ASCD will offer a 40 percent discount on all ASCD Arias titles. Available in print and e-book formats, these short-form publications offer the expertise of education thought leaders, experienced practitioners, and researchers. To receive the 40 percent discount, use promo code ARIAS40.
- ASCD membership— From May 4 through May 8, ASCD is offering a 50 percent discount on all individual ASCD membership categories for new members. ASCD membership offers instant access to a community of dedicated educators and award-winning professional development resources, including books, newsletters, and
- magazine. Each membership category comes in either the print and online format or the online-only format. To receive the 50 percent discount, use promo code A76-AZE4-ABBG.
Material from a press release was used in this report.