Barracuda and Aerohive are working together to bring customers more granular visibility into creating better-defined security policies for wireless access through a technology integration and joint customer messaging.
Aerohive’s HiveOS® devices, including access points, switches, and routers, now can integrate with Barracuda Web Security Service, Barracuda Web Filter, and Barracuda NG Firewall.
Each user, device, and application poses a potential threat to an organization’s security posture, and IT teams are struggling to balance the demand for flexibility against the security requirements needed to protect the network. Barracuda and Aerohive will provide customers more granular visibility into creating better-defined wireless security policies.
Highlighted benefits include:
• Enhanced Per-User Visibility and Enforcement – Greater user identity, device type and IP address information can enhance and help create more defined security policies based on context.
• Client-Less Operation – Seamless information sharing between Aerohive and Barracuda products – no client or profile needs to be installed on client devices.
• Zero-Cost Data Performance – Easy product integrations with no in-line performance hit allow for easy customer installations.
• Comprehensive Application Visibility and Control – Enforce application controls at both the edge of the network and at the gateway, ensuring applications are identified and prioritized/de-prioritized/blocked based on context at the ideal enforcement point.
“Many of our customers are deploying wireless broadly across their environments but struggle with the risks that are associated,” said Michael Hughes, SVP, WW Sales, Barracuda. “Aerohive is well known for its secure and easy to deploy managed wireless solutions. When combined with Barracuda’s award-winning security technology, organizations have the capability to roll out advanced wireless capabilities, and support broader access and BYOD initiatives in a manner that maintains the security of the infrastructure. This will help customers reduce security concerns and enable IT professionals to create effective policies for all levels of users on their network.”
“Many of Aerohive’s customers already are using Barracuda in tandem with Aerohive products,” said Bill Hoppin, VP of Business Development, Aerohive. Barracuda is known for its advanced security solutions, and by integrating with them to create solutions that our joint channel partners can offer, we believe we are giving our customers tremendous value.”
“Wireless connectivity today is expected and people use multiple devices for business critical and personal activities. While internet access is vital for doing business, securing that access is essential,” said Charles Kanavel, CEO, The Kanavel Group. “We are excited about the Barracuda/Aerohive technology integration and the potential to provide our joint customers with leading technologies to help them better manage their security initiatives.”
“We see the potential for the combined solution to simplify the complex IT environment without sacrificing any of the enterprise wireless and security capabilities our customers need,” said Rahul Narsimhan, founder and CEO, Securicore Inc. “We have always felt an integration between the two would be a huge win for our customers.”
The technology integration applies to select Barracuda and Aerohive product bundles across both product lines, including products such as Barracuda NG Firewall F10, F100 and F280 and Barracuda Web Filter 310 and 410, Aerohive’s AP130, AP230, Barracuda NG Firewall F10 and F100, F280 and Barracuda Web Filter 310/410. For more information on how to get started, please contact Barracuda at email@example.com Aerohive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Material from a press release was used in this report.
- 4 ways to support ELLs in post-pandemic learning - August 12, 2022
- A free AR app can bring learning to life - August 12, 2022
- 9 priorities for a future-focused education system - August 11, 2022