Event covers Devereux Student Strengths Assessment
On June 24, 2015, educators and administrators can learn how SEL assessment and instruction helps improve student outcomes and alleviate behavior issues during the free webinar, “Learn from Peers and Experts Why Social & Emotional Learning Curriculum and Assessment Go Hand-in-Hand.”
The webinar, held from 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM EDT (8:00 AM – 8:45 AM PDT), will feature:
1. Paul A. LeBuffe, M.A., Director, Devereux Center for Resilient Children
2. Jacquie Duginske, Coordinator of RtI & PBIS, Elementary at Community Unit School District 300
3. Jennifer Balogh, Regional Outreach Manager, Committee for Children
The webinar will help educators learn how to integrate the Devereux Student Strengths Assessment (DESSA), the gold standard assessment for SEL, with Second Step, a leading researched-based SEL curriculum. In addition, attendees of the webinar will hear from Community Unit School District 300 about its journey through implementing SEL, success with the program, and reflections on the positive impact SEL has had on its students.
To register for the free webinar, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4766882451712718082
Every attendee of the webinar, or those individuals who view the recording of the webinar, will receive a free 60-day trial to Apperson’s Evo Social & Emotional, which measures academic and social-emotional strengths. The system is based on the DESSA.
Material from a press release was used in this report.
- TC- What student choice and agency actually looks like - November 15, 2016
- What student choice and agency actually looks like - November 14, 2016
- App of the Week: Science sensor meets your smartphone - November 14, 2016