New program helps stars extend influence, interest in education
Students will have the chance to connect directly with celebrities in one-on-one tutoring sessions through Chegg Tutors: VIP Edition.
The program allows high school and college students to apply for one-on-one online, video tutoring sessions with one of Chegg’s participating entertainers, athletes, business or political leaders and gives the participating celebrities a powerful outlet to positively influence students.
All tutoring sessions will take place this fall through Chegg’s online tutoring platform, Chegg Tutors.
Starting today, students can apply via Instagram by submitting a picture showing what they want to learn from the celebrity with an explanation in the caption, along with #CheggTutors and @Chegg. All students who apply will be considered for an individual 15-30 minute tutoring session from the participating celebrity of their choice.
The first phase of Chegg Tutors: VIP Edition will include 9 famous tutors across a range of topics. Confirmed celebrities and topics include:
• Ashton Kutcher (Actor/Entrepreneur): Ashton will discuss entrepreneurship and his experience as a tech investor, sharing lessons from his business ventures; alternatively, he can tutor a student on breaking into the film industry as an actor or producer.
• Dr. Condoleezza Rice (former U.S. Secretary of State, currently a professor at Stanford University): Dr. Rice will share lessons and insights on political science and international relations and security, drawing upon her years spent carrying out the United States’ foreign policies around the world.
• General Colin Powell (Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and US Secretary of State) General Powel will draw from his long experience in the military and on the world stage to share lessons learned with students interested in international issues.
• Ivanka Trump (Executive VP of Development and Acquisitions, Trump Organization & Founder, Ivanka Trump Collection): Ivanka will draw upon her executive experience at the Trump Organization, as well as her experience launching her eponymous fashion line, to share business advice, lessons in entrepreneurship, and the inspiration that led her to create her own brand and oversee a real estate empire.
• Jerry Yang (entrepreneur/AME Cloud Ventures, co-founder Yahoo!): Jerry will discuss his experience building a company in the early days of the Internet and share advice for aspiring entrepreneurs looking to secure funding and build Silicon Valley’s next great tech company.
• Zach Ertz (NFL tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles, former Stanford All-American): Zach will share advice and lessons learned over the course of his athletic career that have led to his success as an All-American at Stanford and in the NFL. He can also tutor on business management as he has a degree from Stanford in management science & engineering.
• Kelley O’Hara (US Women’s National Soccer team, 2015 World Cup Champion & 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist. Former Stanford All-American): As a former student-athlete at Stanford who has excelled both on and off the field, Kelly will draw upon her science, technology and society degree with an emphasis in environmental engineering and product design to tutor a student with interest in this field or exceeding as a collegiate athlete.
• Ryan Lewis (Music Producer/Video Director): With their latest single “Downtown” debuting at number 30 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs after only two days of sales, Ryan is part of an unstoppable record making duo with Macklemore and can share valuable insights into the world of music production and video directing.
• Shawn Mendes (TIME Magazine’s “Most Influential Teens of 2014,” Billboard’s “Music’s First Vine Star”): As a Teen Choice Awards winner, Shawn can share his advice on learning to play a new instrument and channeling creativity into music; additionally, he can share his views on physical fitness and how it has helped him achieve a healthy and balanced life.
All applications for Chegg Tutors: VIP Edition are due by October 23rd. For more details on how to enter, students can go to play.chegg.com/celebrity-tutors. A panel of Chegg employees will select the final winners. The tutoring sessions will take place through the end of November.
To learn more about the program and how to apply, visit: http://play.chegg.com/celebrity-tutors.
Material from a press release was used in this report.