Reimagined interface delivers users a simplified learning experience
Kurzweil Education, a division of Cambium Learning Group, Inc., announced the availability of a new update for k3000+firefly subscribers: a next-generation interface with an easier approach for learning.
Over the past several versions, Kurzweil has added robust features to deliver the most comprehensive solution for helping students read, understand, and demonstrate knowledge. The reimagined interface retains these features, with new tabs and icons simplifying the pathways—permitting students and educators to become proficient faster.
K3000+firefly enhancements include:
• Simplified navigation
• Easy-to-use Read, Write, and Scan tabs for getting started
• New, easy-to-find icons for young students or learners with visual impairments
• A Recent Documents section where users can pick up right where they left off
• Quickly adjustable Audio Options in user-friendly dropdowns
“The new user interface offers a simpler experience and reduces the learning curve,” said John Jorgenson, senior vice president of marketing for Kurzweil Education. “With a streamlined and intuitive navigation, new users can ramp up and learn to use the program themselves—and faster than ever before.”
K3000+firefly web-based and computer-installed technology can read digital text aloud to students; assist them in gaining meaning from the content with dictionary definitions, translations, and study guides; and ultimately allow them to express what they’ve learned by completing worksheets, tests, and written assignments. The product is widely used in K–12 schools and higher education to support students with learning disabilities as well as English language learners. It provides educators with the ability to differentiate instruction, share files with students or colleagues, and monitor usage with reporting features that empower educators and students to reach their academic goals faster.
Current subscription customers of k3000+firefly receive all new features at no cost as part of their ongoing subscription. Districts, schools, individual users, and those in the workplace who are using older versions of k3000+firefly can learn more about upgrading at the Kurzweil Education website: kurzweiledu.com.
- An existing video tool was the golden ticket for this district’s pandemic plan - October 22, 2021
- In this district, 1:1 device access became a pandemic reality - October 20, 2021
- Cost remains the top barrier to higher education - October 19, 2021