HiveSchool is Aerohive’s latest addition to its growing learning app portfolio
Aerohive Networks released a new connected learning application, HiveSchool, that helps K-12 teachers leverage technology in the classroom.
HiveSchool offers a way for teachers to present digital content during class, collaborate with students, monitor student activity, keep students on task, and assign a variety of learning resources.
HiveSchool is the latest addition to Aerohive’s growing application portfolio. It builds upon the success of education-focused applications such as TeacherView, which was introduced in 2010, and StudentManager, which was introduced in 2011.
In K-12 education, computers, tablets, projectors, and other smart devices are increasingly staples in the digital classroom. However, with this technology adoption, teachers face challenges in leveraging them effectively for the learning environment.
To help unlock the potential of classroom technologies, teachers need a way to easily connect and utilize the devices students use during class.
Aerohive is releasing HiveSchool, a new connected learning application that lets K-12 teachers create engaging, collaborative, and effective learning experiences for students. Its key features include:
- Easy onboarding of student devices creates a visual, intuitive class roster that populates as students join the class;
- Content sharing from a teacher’s computer or from an assigned student’s computer;
- Resource features enable teachers to quickly access, save, and assign to students teaching resources such as documents, webpages, applications, and video clips;
- Viewing function allows teachers to remotely view student screens in real time to track progress and keep students on-task; and
- On Chromebooks, HiveSchool has control capabilities allowing teachers to remotely close browser tabs on student computers and limit student browsing to an assigned resource.
Aerohive is offering HiveSchool to schools as a free application to improve digital learning. HiveSchool can be run on any wireless network infrastructure, an Aerohive network is not required. HiveSchool builds on Aerohive’s experience developing learning and classroom management applications, which started with the launch of TeacherView in 2010.
“HiveSchool has not only enabled efficient classroom collaboration, it has allowed teachers to find creative solutions for digital instruction, from accommodating students with special needs to allowing teachers to easily broadcast content to individual student devices,” said Keith Osburn, technology and special programs director, Jeff Davis County Schools. “In a short amount of time, our teachers have come to rely on HiveSchool for everyday classroom management and activities.”
HiveSchool is optimized for use on Chromebooks, but will also work on any computer that has a full Chrome browser installed. Chromebooks are increasingly popular in education and are ideal for schools because of their comprehensive ecosystem, easy-to-manage platform, and attractive price.
HiveSchool’s intuitive user experience makes it easy for both teachers and students to use and results in a shorter learning curve. Its simple deployment and management minimizes incremental IT workloads.
- An existing video tool was the golden ticket for this district’s pandemic plan - October 22, 2021
- In this district, 1:1 device access became a pandemic reality - October 20, 2021
- Cost remains the top barrier to higher education - October 19, 2021