CoSN and EdScoop announce inaugural winners at CoSN 2016 annual conference
CoSN (the Consortium for School Networking) and EdScoop have unveiled the winners of the NextGeneration Leaders Program, a new national initiative that recognizes emerging K-12 education technology leaders.
Chosen among 29 finalists from across the country, the 2016 NextGeneration Leaders are:
• Michele Eaton, CETL, Director of Virtual and Blended Learning, Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township (Indianapolis, IN)
• Travis Eldridge, Technology Integration Specialist, Laramie County School District #1
• Roshni Lakhi, Blended Learning Specialist, Highlander Institute (Providence, RI)
• Andrew Neiburg, Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, Henrico County Public Schools (Henrico, VA)
• Nathan White, CETL, IT Operations Manager, Elmore County Public Schools (Wetumpka, AL)
The ed-tech leaders were honored in a ceremony at the CoSN 2016 Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. The NextGeneration Leaders Program is co-sponsored by EdScoop with support from Microsoft.
“This is an important moment today to recognize the technology leaders of tomorrow. Chosen by their peers and the entire education community, these leaders have taken demonstrable, visionary steps to drive technology programs and accelerate learning success through digital tools in their schools,” remarked Keith Krueger, CEO of CoSN.
Next page: A closer look at this year’s winners