The world’s most widely-used learning platform presents Moodle for School, a MoodleCloud hosted solution specifically designed for K-12 educational environments
Moodle, an open source learning platform, announced Moodle for School, the latest initiative from MoodleCloud. Moodle for School has been created specifically for schools and educational settings with features that let educators set gamification goals and keep track of attendance.
The package includes a friendly new configurable theme as well as a number of special customisations to make it ideal for K-12 teaching and learning environments. There is also a collaboration function that lets up to six users connect virtually via audio or video. A separate module turns quizzes into games for students.
Moodle is hosted (and priced) by number of users — thus a single teacher using the platform might get it for free. But educators and schools requiring multiple users grouped together might need to consider a larger, paid package (the maximum number of users for a single package is 500). File upload space scales along with number of users.
Other features of the Moodle for School package include:
- Hosted by MoodleCloud
- The latest version of Moodle, Moodle 3.1
- Automatic Moodle version updates
- A range of popular plugins including video-conferencing and gamification tools
- Unlimited courses and activities
- Brand new, configurable theme to add your own colours, styles and logo
- Available in over 100 languages with multilingual capability
- Full support for Moodle’s official app – Moodle Mobile
See https://moodle.com/cloud for full details on all of these features and more.
Moodle for School is available from https://moodlecloud.com. The package is comes in three sizes, suitable for schools with under 500 staff and students.
These new plans are available alongside the existing MoodleCloud package, Moodle for Free, which can facilitate very small educational setups, individual teachers or users looking to explore Moodle features.
- 4 challenges–and solutions–around assessments and accountability - May 14, 2021
- How outdoor learning spaces lead to STEM engagement - May 12, 2021
- 7 ways to focus stimulus spending on students with disabilities - May 10, 2021