PresenceLearning, provider of telemedicine/telehealth services in education and health care, is launching a free, three-part webinar series for special education leaders this fall. The series, “Results Matter – Closing the Achievement Gap,” will kick off on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific with “Results Driven Accountability: Where Were We? Where Are We? Where Do We Go Next?” led by RDA expert Dr. Alan Coulter.
To register for the webinar, visit http://www.presencelearning.com/sped-ahead-webinar/results-driven-accountability-where-were-we-where-are-we-where-do-we-go-next/.
In March 2012, the Department of Education announced it was taking new steps – what is referred to as Results-Driven Accountability (RDA) – to close the achievement gap for students with disabilities by shifting from a focus on procedural compliance to increased attention on educational outcomes. During the webinar, Dr. Coulter will discuss the current state of RDA and how it is affecting special education leaders. He will provide a timely update on RDA, explore the implications of RDA, and offer up guidance on where RDA is heading and how educators can prepare for it. As a result of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
● Identify and list the four primary purposes of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its predecessors, the federal laws concerning children with disabilities in schools, and the current approaches to accountability.
● Summarize and describe the structure and phases of the state systemic improvement plan (SSIP) and its relationship to RDA.
● Apply three actions that support the principles of RDA in their professional practice.
About “Results Matter – Closing the Achievement Gap” Webinar Series
After decades of legislation, litigation, research, professional development, and an alphabet soup full of acronyms, the achievement gap remains stubbornly wide. What are the practical realities and what work still needs to be done to make the dream of full achievement for all students come true? PresenceLearning’s latest SPED Ahead webinar series will explore this topic and provide a comprehensive look at where our education system is in reaching full achievement for all students and where we are headed. Led by subject matter experts, the series will unpack topics such as RDA and ESSA, factors that contribute to programs like RTI not living up to their promise, socio-economic factors that impair achievement, how a growth mindset is the key to success, and much more.
- 5 learner-centered education models to inspire reform - December 1, 2022
- Gen Z students want STEM careers - December 1, 2022
- Educators, parents remain vigilant about protecting student mental health - November 30, 2022