When the right classroom management tools are in place, students are able to learn more as their engagement increases.
Focusing on physical classroom management, behavioral management, resources for effective instruction, attendance and gradebook tools, and tools for a school-home connection can help students master classroom lessons.
During an edWeb webinar, Eileen Lennon, a technology teacher at Nathaniel Hawthorne Middle School 74 in Queens, New York led an exploration of tools to help teachers establish an engaging and productive classroom environment.
- Class behavior sites for every age group, from ClassDojo to ClassCraft to Google Classroom tools that measure classroom sound levels
- Timers for students to monitor their time management
- Random student selectors and random group creators to help students feel they are treated equally and fairly
- Online discussions or group collaboration to increase student engagement
- Badges as a method of classroom management
Next page: Resources to boost student learning