Here’s a look at how four schools are using solutions to improve digital learning:
• Le Jardin Academy in Kailua, Hawaii: By deploying a cloud-managed networking solution, the academy was able to save time and money in managing the network while also increasing bandwidth to support BYOD and 1:1 Chromebook programs. The schools’ network now has a 99-percent uptime, significantly improving internet connections for a nearly unlimited number of devices throughout each building.
• San Diego Community College in Calif.: The installation of ExtremeWireless and more than 600 Wi-Fi access points (APs) across three campuses has allowed San Diego to provide seamless indoor and outdoor wireless coverage to more than 30,000 students at any given time on each campus. The college can now support BYOD and real-time video streaming while also looking to future investments in video surveillance and VR.
• McMinn County School System in Athens, Tenn.: McMinn decided to go all purple, deploying a completely new end-to-end networking solution and, in turn, improving wireless network performance by 97 percent. Using ExtremeManagement and ExtremeAnalytics from Extreme Networks, McMinn can track and support more users per access point and identify which applications need better connections. Additionally, by achieving seamless AP-to-AP roaming, the school has increased throughput and Wi-Fi access to about 70 percent.
• Nazareth College in Rochester, NY: With an entirely new, unified network–including core switching and routing, edge switching, and wireless–Nazareth’s network is more predictable and resilient. Access in many areas of campus has increased to 40G and the network is now able to handle a large amount of multicast and IPV6 traffic generated by connected devices, therefore creating a seamless and positive end user experience for faculty and students.
- How many teachers are effective reading instructors? - April 7, 2021
- 10 online music education tools - April 2, 2021
- 7 predictions about fall back-to-school with COVID - April 1, 2021