2. The Vernier/NSTA Technology Awards promote the innovative use of data-collection technology using a computer, tablet, graphing calculator, or other handheld in the science classroom. A total of seven awards will be given out, and each award will consist of $1,000 in cash for the teacher, $3,000 in Vernier products, and up to $1,500 toward expenses to attend the annual NSTA National Convention.
Deadline: Dec. 17, 2018
3. The 2019 Vernier Engineering Contest recognizes one educator who is innovatively using Vernier sensors to introduce engineering concepts or engineering practices to his or her students.
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
4. Toshiba and the National Science Teachers Association are kicking off the 27th annual ExploraVision program, which tasks students to use problem solving, critical thinking, and teamwork to imagine solutions to real-life issues. Participants will have a chance to win a number of prizes, including $10,000 U.S. Series EE Savings Bonds (at maturity).
Deadline: Feb. 8, 2019
5. The Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest challenges 6th–12th grade U.S. public school teachers to submit ideas for how their students can use STEM to solve problems in their communities. For the competition, Samsung is collaborating with DonorsChoose.org, the nation’s largest fundraising site for public school teachers, to provide funding directly to the first 3,500 teachers that apply through Oct. 30, 2018. When teachers enter the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest, they will also be able to create a fundraising project on DonorsChoose.org, which they can use to engage citizen donors to contribute necessary supplies for their STEM-focused Solve for Tomorrow project. For the first 3,500 teachers who enter, Samsung will match 50 percent of their funding amount, up to $200 per teacher.
Deadline: Oct. 30, 2018
6. Pitsco’s #ThisIsSTEM program invites educators to submit information about what STEM means to them. The program challenges traditional thinking about STEM and encourages failure, success, and a-ha moments. Educators can enter to win $500 toward Pitsco products.
- 9 priorities for a future-focused education system - August 11, 2022
- Gen Z students are aiming for STEM careers - August 9, 2022
- With the right instruction, tech opens doors for ELLs - August 5, 2022