The next year will focus on technologies that influence how users interact with the world, according to Gartner in its list of top 10 strategic technology trends for 2019.
A strategic technology trend is “one with substantial disruptive potential that is beginning to break out of an emerging state into broader impact and use, or which are rapidly growing trends with a high degree of volatility reaching tipping points over the next five years.”
The IT research and analyst firm announced the upcoming trends at its annual Gartner Symposium/ITxpo in October.
2019’s trends will be all about building the “Intelligent Digital Mesh,” which David Cearley, vice president and Gartner Fellow, says has been a consistent theme in recent years
That intelligent digital mesh focuses on three things:
1. Intelligence: AI drives everything we do across many systems going into the future
2. Digital: The digital world brings the virtual and real worlds together in a new digital reality
3. Mesh: Connecting people, processes, and things together in new and interesting ways
The convergence of these three things supports a continuous innovation process, outlined in detail in this video.
- How many teachers are effective reading instructors? - April 7, 2021
- 10 online music education tools - April 2, 2021
- 7 predictions about fall back-to-school with COVID - April 1, 2021