For the third year running, LGS Innovations is making available $5,000 scholarships to college juniors, seniors, or graduate-level students who will be enrolled full-time in an ABET-accredited STEM program in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics during the 2019-2020 school year.
Deadline: March 18, 2019
Vernier Software & Technology’s 2019 Engineering Contest recognizes one middle school, high school, or college educator with a prize valued at $5,500 for innovatively using Vernier technology to introduce engineering concepts or practices to their students.
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Open to students worldwide, Extreme Redesign is an annual 3D printing challenge created by Stratasys, Inc. that invites students to design an original piece of art, jewelry or architecture, or to make an existing design better. This year, extreme redesign features 3 categories:
• Engineering: Secondary Education (middle/high school students)
• Engineering: Post-Secondary (university, college, or post-secondary students)
• Art, Jewelry & Architecture (student of any grade level)
If students don’t have access to a 3D printer, individual students or teams can create and submit their designs files in .STL format with a compelling description highlighting the design’s inspiration, meaning and impact.
Deadline: February 24, 2019
5. M3 Challenge
MathWorks Math Modeling (M3) Challenge is a contest for high school juniors and seniors. Through participation, students experience what it’s like to work as a team to tackle a real-world problem under time and resource constraints, akin to those faced by professional mathematicians working in industry.
Deadline: February 22, 2019
- Making the most of your return to school - January 13, 2022
- How school leaders can empower video creation in classrooms - January 6, 2022
- 65 predictions about edtech, equity, and learning in 2022 - January 3, 2022