Here are the most popular SEL stories from the past month:
1. 5 ways we develop SEL in our students
These days, words like bullying, isolation, suicide, peer pressure, and anxiety are more and more commonly used among students, parents, and educators. As educators, we hear these words and experience the reality of each.
2. Are educators using SEL to empower or to manipulate?
Our 30 years of experience researching, teaching, and implementing social-emotional learning (SEL) has established that the purpose of SEL is to produce mental health and well-being outcomes for children. However, the current level of thinking about SEL in education is primarily focused on producing academic outcomes.
3. How should we define SEL in schools?
We are often asked for the definition of social-emotional learning (SEL). One common and useful SEL definition is the process of learning to integrate thinking, feeling, and behaving in order to become aware of the self and of others, make responsible decisions, and manage behaviors.
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020
- Trump vs. Biden: Which candidate do educators support? - September 17, 2020