UPchieve is a nonprofit that provides free, online math tutoring to low-income high school students. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UPchieve is working around the clock to make sure eligible schools can give their students access to UPchieve for free in as little as 24 hours.
100% free access to the UPchieve platform for eligible schools
UPchieve typically asks schools to pay a small fee to keep their nonprofit running. In response to the pandemic, UPchieve will waive this fee through the end of the school year so that any school that wants to give students access to online tutoring can. Any student who creates an account during this period can keep using UPchieve for free, forever.
School eligibility requirements
- High school (grades 9-12)
- At least 50% of students are FRPL-eligible
- School is already closed or scheduled to be closed for 2+ weeks
How the platform works
- Students can use the UPchieve platform 24/7 from any device (web and mobile phone friendly)
- When making a request, students choose a subject they need help with (UPchieve currently offers all high school level math subjects: algebra through calculus)
- Within 5-10 minutes, UPchieve pairs students with a certified volunteer tutor in UPchieve’s virtual classroom
- Students may request as many free tutoring sessions as they want
For more information and to apply visit: https://upchieve.org/school-closures
Add your opinion to the discussion.