Read to Lead is a 100% free and proven blended learning solution that leverages game-based learning to help students in grades 5-9 build reading, writing, and leadership skills. Teachers across the country can use the “Be the Boss” learning experiences to engage youth and build core academic and leadership skills essential to their success in school today and the careers of tomorrow.
The free web-based curriculum is modular so students can move at their own pace, logging in any time of day for any length of time. One episode, or one “day at work”, takes about 30 minutes to complete. In that time, students read 5,000 words, make 10 leadership decisions, and practice Reading Anchor Standards. If students read their way through 12 episodes, that’s equivalent to completing a middle school chapter book! The program includes engaging content, data dashboards, and hands-on activities.
- Virtual Learning Hub for Educators: We’ve curated instructional resources to help educators use Read to Lead as part of their distance learning plans, including virtual coaching sessions, guides, and more.
- Parent Resources: The Read to Lead Parent Hub opens up the program for students learning from home. Families can access all of our games and a curated collection of activities with just one click. We’ll be adding to these resources in the coming weeks.
- Blog Post: How Making Students the Boss Can Empower Them in Virtual Learning
- Words of Encouragement Campaign: Middle school can be a tough time for students. The unexpected school closures have only made things more challenging. They are re-launching their Words of Encouragement campaign to crowdsource short motivational notes that we’ll send out digitally.
- Discovery Education Presents Three New Virtual Field Trips - April 8, 2021
- Districts Leverage $300,000 Matching Grant Program to Improve Flexible Learning and Address Social Justice - April 8, 2021
- GoGuardian Offers Student Mental Health Service for Free as Schools Face Growing Mental Health Concerns - April 6, 2021